1. Purpose: The Lendza.com Scholarship (“The Scholarship”) awards a scholarship to one college student who displays a noticeable spark of entrepreneurial spirit.
2. Sponsorship: The Scholarship opportunity is sponsored by the Owner of Lendza.com (“Sponsor”) with its office located at 1111 North Brand Boulevard Suite 401, Glendale, CA 91202.
3. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase is necessary to participate or to be eligible to win. The Scholarship is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who are currently enrolled as a full-time freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior student at an institution of higher learning (college or university). Relatives of current Sponsor’s (and its related companies’) directors, officers, employees, affiliates, and agents are ineligible to participate or win. By participating and by submitting an application and essay (“the Submission”), you (“Applicant,” “you,” “your”) represent and warrant that you comply with these Official Rules. Each Applicant is limited to one (1) Submission.
4. SUBMISSION PROCEDURES: Entries will be accepted between January 2, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time to December 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“Entry Period”). Only Submissions submitted during the Entry Period are eligible for consideration for The Scholarship.
Applicants may participate by following the directions below:
1. Submit a Tweet: Log into your Twitter account (if you have one) and Tweet @LendzaLoans with a condensed version of your idea along with the #BetterThanALoan hashtag.
2. Submit your Submission (Application and Essay): Complete the basic Application providing basic information such as your first name, last name, date of birth, email address, phone number, home address, and name of your college. Then, upload your 500-word Essay explaining your answer to The Scholarship Question through https://lendza.com/scholarship. Whether you were able to Tweet your idea or not, you must also include a 140-character condensed version of your idea at the top of your essay.
Your Tweet and Application or Application alone, must be written in English and must not exceed the 500-word limit. Once you have submitted your Application, your Application is final and cannot be edited or corrected. Submissions that are obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, or for Submissions not received during the Entry Period due to technical, internet, electronic, or other technological difficulties. Applicant fully and unconditionally accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
5. EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA: Sponsor will consider all eligible Submissions. Submissions that follow directions and include essays that are well-written and clearly and creatively answer The Scholarship question have a greater likelihood of winning. Each Submission is judged as follows: overall quality (35%), creativity (35%), grammar (15%), and quality of Tweet (15%). All decisions by Sponsor are final.
6. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will select one (1) of the Submissions as The Scholarship Recipient during the month of January 2019 based on the judging criteria as described above. In the event of a tie, the Scholarship Recipient will be the Applicant with the higher score in overall quality. The Scholarship Recipient will be notified by e-mail, and will be required to respond within ten (10) business days of Sponsor’s notification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to choose an alternative Scholarship Recipient based on the judging criteria above in the event that the selected Scholarship Recipient has been disqualified or is otherwise deemed ineligible for any reason. Sponsor is not liable for any potential Scholarship Recipient notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Scholarship Recipient for any reason.
7. SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE: One (1) Scholarship Recipient will receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of five-hundred dollars and zero cents ($500.00 USD). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made co-payable to the Scholarship Recipient and the accredited institution of higher education enrolled in by the Scholarship Recipient.
The Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or sold, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Scholarship Prize also may not be convertible to a cash equivalent. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms, or is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, the Scholarship Recipient will forfeit the Scholarship Prize and the Applicant who submitted the Submission with the next highest score will become the Scholarship Recipient.
Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in The Scholarship and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of The Scholarship or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on the Scholarship Prize are the sole responsibility of the Scholarship Recipient.
8. PUBLICITY: BY ENTERING YOUR SUBMISSION TO THE SCHOLARSHIP, EACH APPLICANT GRANTS SPONSOR PERMISSION TO USE HIS OR HER NAME, CITY, STATE, E-MAIL ADDRESS AND, TO THE EXTENT SUBMITTED AS PART OF THE APPLICATION, HIS OR HER PHOTOGRAPH, VOICE, AND/OR LIKENESS FOR ADVERTISING, PUBLICITY OR OTHER PURPOSES, AND IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER DEVELOPED, WORLDWIDE, WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSENT OR COMPENSATION, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. By entering your Submission into The Scholarship, Applicants consent to receive notification of future promotions, advertisements or solicitations by or from Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s affiliates, via email or other means of communication.
9. OWNERSHIP: By entering your Submission, Applicant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Sponsor will own your Submission, including your written responses (including your Essay and Tweet), and (b) as between Applicant and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to Sponsor all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the "Rights"). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Submission for any purpose Sponsor deems necessary or desirable. Applicant irrevocably waives any and all moral rights they may have in the Submission submitted by him or her and hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Applicants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to The Scholarship, or awarding of the Scholarship Prize, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California, and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in The Scholarship, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with The Scholarship, or awarding of the Scholarship Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in The Scholarship (but in no event attorneys' fees); and (c) under no circumstances will any Applicant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to all Applicants.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. By entering The Scholarship and submitting your Submission, each Applicant represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Submission, including the written essay is the Applicant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) Applicant’s essay is wholly original, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the essay neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the essay does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the terms of these Official Rules set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
12. GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICANTS, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES, RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND THE CURRENT AND FORMER OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, AND ASSIGNS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING, OR ANY OF THEM (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS) (EACH A “RELEASED PARTY”), HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGES, LIABILTIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CLAIMS”) WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, WHICH APPLICANT EVER HAD, NOW HAVE, OR HEREAFTER CAN, SHALL OR MAY HAVE, AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES (OR ANY OF THEM), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SCHOLARSHIP OR APPLICANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SCHOLARSHIP (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR LIBEL, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, VIOLATION OF THE RIGHT OF PUBLICITY, COMMERCIAL APPROPRIATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS, INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT OR VIOLATION OF ANY OTHER PERSONAL OR PROPRIETARY RIGHT), AND THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, USE, MISUSE, TRANSFER, SALE OR OTHER DISPOSITION OF THE PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE). All matters relating to the interpretation and application of these Official Rules shall be decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing Sponsor’s website or participating in The Scholarship, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The Scholarship is subject to all United States federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. If, for any reason, The Scholarship is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend The Scholarship.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of The Scholarship or the Sponsor's website, to be violating these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Applicant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Applicant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If a Submission is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the Applicant's sole remedy shall be another Submission, time permitting. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR SUBMISSION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.